As the nights are getting darker and colder, the temptation is to reach for the biscuit jar!
Don’t let the weather break your fabulous food habits…
Try this lovely nutritious Crunchy Cauliflower and Black Quinoa salad. It is packed full of Vitamin C and Biotin (which helps boost hair and nail growth… always a bonus!)
What you will need…
- 115g Black Quinoa, cooked
- 300g of grated Cauliflower or chopped into really little pieces
- 40g of grated Carrot
- 1cm of grated Ginger
- 15g of Fresh Corriander
- 10 Crushed Walnuts
- 1tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Juice of 1 Lemon and Salt and Pepper into a side dish and use to dress the salad!
How do I make it…
- Drain the cooked Quinoa, always double rinse it with cold water.
- Pop all the ingredients into a bowl and give it a good stir, really mix it all up!
- Drizzle the dressing liberally over the salad and serve, Season to taste.
This meal is perfect for vegetarians, but if you want more of a protein fix, it works really nicely with hot smoked salmon flaked over the top.The great thing about this meal is you can box up the leftovers and have them for lunch!
Key to staying on task is preparation…
For more ideas onÂ getting the most out of your food, pop in for a complimentary private Personal Training session where we can discuss all your health, fitness and nutrition needs.